While most hardcore gaming fans prefer playing on console or PC, many gamer’s are turning to mobile gaming to satisfy their gaming fix. Android and iOS devices have come along way in recent years and also boast super gaming features. There’s a reason why many mainstream PC and console only games have made their way to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store lately. PS4 Remote Play is also becoming increasingly popular.
If you’re someone who enjoys gaming on both console and mobile phones, you’ll be glad to know that your PS4 dualshock 4 controller can now be used to play games on your mobile devices. Mount your phone on a stand or in a Phone Mount to make it easier to play your favourite games on the go. The main advantage is you don’t have to learn new control layouts and you can use the default layout of your PS4 controller. Unfortunately some games like PUBG cannot easily be played with a controller, so we recommend something like the GameSir Falcon F4 for these.
Because the PS4 controller uses wireless bluetooth technology to connect to the PS4 console, you can use this wireless functionality to connect your dualshock 4 controller to your mobile devices. We show you how easy it is connect your PS4 controller to your Android or IOS devices.
How to pair your PS4 Controller to Android Devices
Connecting your PS4 dualshock controller to an Android device is extremely easy. All it requires you to do is press two buttons on your controller, enable an option on your Android device, and you are ready to play your Android games using your Dualshock 4 controller.
Not only does it let you play games but you can also navigate around your Android interface using the controller.
- Press and hold down the Share and PS buttons together for about 5
- seconds. Let go of the buttons when your controller light starts to blink.
- On your Android device, launch the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth & device connection. Tap on Pair new device at the top to start looking for your PS4 dualshock controller.
- When the controller appears in the device list, tap on it to connect to it.
- The light will stop blinking on your PS4 controller and voila, your Android device has been successfully paired with the PS4 controller.
How to pair your PS4 Controller to Iphone / IOS Devices
Connecting a PS4 controller with an iPhone or iPad is as easy as doing so on an Android device. However, there’s one requirement that your iOS device must meet.
- Your iPhone or iPad must be running the latest version iOS 13 for your device to be able to connect to the PS4 controller. If you don’t run this version of iOS, you will need to update it. Head to Settings > General > Software Update and update the device to the latest version available.
- Press and hold the Share and PS buttons together and your controller will start blinking.
- Head to Settings > Bluetooth on your Iphone and tap on the controller to connect to it.
- When you’re connected, the light on the controller will stop blinking. You’re now ready to play games and navigate around on your iOS device using your PS4 dualshock controller.
Pairing your phone to your PS4 controller is usually a straight forward process, if you run into problems then try any of these tips to get it working.
Reset your PS4 Controller Locate the small reset button on the back of the DS4 controller near the L2 shoulder button. Use a paper clip or similar to push the button inside the tiny hole. Hold the button down for roughly 3-5 seconds.
Reset Android Network Settings Open the settings menu on Android, click either “General management” or “System”, then click either “Reset” or “Reset options”. Then “Reset Network Settings”. Your device will restart, and your network settings will have been cleared and reset.